Youth For Lions
Photo Credit: Blood Lions
Blood Lions™ is an award-winning South African documentary which sheds light on the South African predator breeding, canned hunting and lion bone trade industries. Following on from the success of the film Blood Lions™ in association with the Marching Animal Welfare trust, Wildlands Conservation Trust and Regulus Vision launched a new youth forced element to their campaign called YouthForLions 1st September 2016.
YouthForLions is a global movement aimed at informing and engaging the worlds youth around the realities of volunteering, cub petting, walking with lions and other forms of animal interaction, and their contribution to canned hunting. Our focus is creating awareness through school and university screenings.
For more information, please visit our site: http://www.bloodlions.org/youth-for-lions/
Beth has written a blog about her time volunteering on a lion farm http://claws-out.com/
Born to Live Wild campaign
YouthForLions invite all tourism operators to join them in committing to take the pledge to end the breeding, canned hunting and commercial exploitation of lions.
Access more information at
How to get involved
Here are a few #GetInvolved actions points to get you started:
- Join our various social media pages:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/YouthForLions/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/YouthForLions
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/youthforlions/
- Download the YouthForLions toolkit to help get the message out and get you friends and family involved too.
PowerPoint presentation – to share with friends, family and fellow students. This link leads you to a PDF of the presentation. Please contact email@example.com to request the power point with support notes.
- Visit our website to see how you can help with hosting a screening, a presentation and more: http://www.bloodlions.org/youth-for-lions/
- Join our YouthForLions pledge: Sign our PLEDGE and SAY NO to animal interaction and facilities involved in the captive breeding and canned hunting industry. Download the YouthForLions Pledge and e-mail us your commitment to South Africa’s lions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access YouthForLions YouTube channel with short clips on the different aspects of the campaign that you may use to create awareness about canned hunting.
Get Involved And Make A Difference – You Meet Great People In Animal Activism